Course guide for RSM 2210 - Fall 2013
Useful databases for this course include
1. Key Business Ratios
2. EMIS (Emerging Market Information Service)
- International coverage includes company reports, industry reports, news articles, SWOT analyses, etc. Make sure to uncheck the "Suggest Subject Terms" box.
- Includes China, India, and other countries that would no longer be considered emerging. No Canada/US coverage. Start by selecting country, then can search for industry information, statistics, company information, annual reports, financials, and more.
- North American industry reports broken down by Canada and U.S. coverage, company information and financials for public companies.
5. Capital IQ
- International news coverage. Also has industry and company reports. Mergent North American industry reports can be found by searching for Mergent in "Source".
- Ratios are listed under Financials/Valuation. Screenings can also be used to gather data.
- Under Equities, DES then ratios is option 3. Can also check RV (relative value) or EQS (Equity Screening Tool).
- Go to Screening & Analysis. Works only in IE, make sure to log off when finished. If receiving notice that site is full, contact the BIC.
8. S&P Netadvantage
- Excellent U.S. industry reports in drop-down menu. Usually updated twice a year, some sub-industry reports available. Company reports include how to analyze company, stock reports, and more.