Helpful questions to understand the process for admissions to the MD/MBA program
Because the program spans two professional faculties, two separate applications are required. Students are first admitted to the Temerty Faculty of Medicine MD program. In the third year of the MD program, you apply to the Full-Time MBA and the combined program. The following requirements to enter the Full-Time MBA program extend to applicants to the MD/MBA program:
- An appropriate bachelor's degree, or its equivalent, with a final year average of at least mid-B from a recognized university.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in the final year of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Essay responses and video questions.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- Interview by the recruitment and admissions team of the Rotman School.
The following requirements have been amended for applicants to the MD/MBA program:
Fees and Financial Aid
- The requirement of a GMAT or GRE score is waived: the MCAT score will be used instead.
- Two years of work experience are not required for MD/MBA applicants.
- Two professional references: in the case of the MD students, the references can be related to their MD experience, pre-MD experience, and volunteering, in addition to professional activities.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing at the end of their third year of the MD program.
A range of scholarships and financial options have been established to help you cover the cost of your studies. When you are accepted to the MD/MBA program, a list of relevant entrance awards and other available funding will be included in your offer letter. You may also seek further support from the MD program. Staff from both the MBA and MD programs will contact you directly to further discuss scholarships for which you may be eligible.