We take a ‘whole picture’ approach to applications, giving equal weight to grades, professional achievements, interpersonal skills and leadership potential.
We believe that exposure to a rich variety of viewpoints makes for a superior learning experience, and pride ourselves on building diverse classes of exceptional individuals.
The program uses a rigorous set of admission criteria, based on a combination of academic ability, interpersonal skills, employment credentials and more.
The following basic criteria are used in assessing applicants. Due to the competitive nature of admissions to the program, successful candidates tend to exceed the minimum requirements.
Minimum admission requirements:
- 5+ years of full-time work experience
- 2+ years of mid-to-senior management experience (people, project or budget management)
- Recognized undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Successful completion of the GMAT/GRE or the equivalent Rotman EDT test
- Current full-time employment
- English language proficiency: TOEFL or IELTS score required for non-English language degrees
The application deadlines for the GEMBA Class of 2026 starting in September 2024 are:
Round 1: Monday, December 18th, 2023
Round 2: Monday, March 11th, 2024
Round 3: Wednesday, June 5th, 2024
Round 4: Friday, September 8th 2024 (Domestic applicants)
Note: To qualify for the program, you’re advised to arrange your work schedules and personal and professional responsibilities to allow you to complete the necessary class-work and self-study. You will be required to obtain your employer’s consent for the time you will spend away from work. Some students also request financial support from their employers in exchange for increased corporate performance. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance.