- Pronouns: He/Him
- Class of 2023
- Previous education:
- Financial Economics Specialist and Mathematics Major, Honours Bachelor of Science with High Distinction, University of Toronto, 2022
Why did you decide to join the Master of Financial Risk Management program?
My academic background is financial economics specialist, which involves plenty of theories and technicalities; I wish to expand my knowledge in quantitative finance through more practical experiences offered by the MFRM program. The MFRM program bridges the gap between students' undergrad and a professional career in finance, and that's exactly what I want.
Top Reason(s) for choosing Rotman:
1. Rotman is the top business school in Canada; we learn from the world-class faculties
2. Improve my communication and soft skills
3. Endless networking events, workshops, speaker events and case competitions
4. Roman brand provides students exclusive opportunities to connect with industry leaders and professionals
5. Risk Management Industry Project that offers unique opportunities to work alongside finance practitioners
6. Dedicated career coaches and mock interviews
What are you looking forward to the most in the program?
I’m thrilled about the risk management project, where I could work alongside industry practitioners and gain hands-on financial risk experience in a low-stakes environment. Since I don’t have relevant work experience in the financial market, this two-month co-op project would provide me with appropriate and exclusive credentials to land a full-time job after graduation.
What do you expect to gain in your next 10 months at Rotman?
I’m looking forward to broadening my knowledge regarding quantitative finance and financial modelling, A global mindset, and strengthened soft skills that enable me to network smoothly and excel during interview processes. In addition, technical skills such as an excellent understanding of derivatives, option-pricing models, risk metrics, and model validations are also valuable. Nevertheless, the relationship management skills among teams, professors, and industry professionals are the most thrilling part for me.
The Master of Financial Risk Management is a full-time program designed to prepare ambitious young professionals for careers in risk management and finance.