- Degree: Master of Financial Risk Management
- Graduating year: 2017
- Prior education: Bachelor’s Degree, Finance & Economics, Saint Mary’s University
- Job following graduation: Senior Consultant, Financial Services Risk Management, Ernst & Young LLP (Canada)
Why did you decide to study the Master of Financial Risk Management program?
Coming from a finance and economics background, I wanted to do my master’s degree in a more specialized field in finance. The growing demand for risk management professionals after the 2008 crisis and also Rotman’s world renowned faculties in risk management were the prime reasons why I picked this program.
Top reason for choosing Rotman
- #1 Business School in Canada
- World-renowned faculties in the risk management space
- Huge Alumni Network
Highlight(s) of the Rotman experience
- Project: The project was one of the most important component of the program, helps ones learning curve to go steeper as they put theory into practice
- Networking: MFRM’s Advisory board and the Speaker series were a great source of networking opportunities.
- Course: Peter’s Market Risk and Redouane’s Credit Risk were two of the courses I thoroughly enjoyed
The GRI Speaker Series was a great opportunity to learn from some of the smartest professionals working in the risk management space.
What would you say to someone considering choosing the Rotman MFRM?
It will be an intensive ride of 8-months, learn as much as you can and also make sure to have fun with colleagues.
The Master of Financial Risk Management is a full time program designed to prepare ambitious young professionals for careers in risk management and finance.