- MMA Class of 2022
- Previous education: Bachelor of Technology, Electronics and Communication Engineering, National Institute of Technology Surat, India, 2021
Why did you decide to join the Master of Management Analytics program?
To accomplish my future career prospects and build over the quant and computing foundations I developed during my undergrad, I felt the need to broaden my skill set to embark on a successful career in analytics. In this regard, the MMA program was sure to help me gain exhaustive knowledge of statistics and programming to solve business problems. Another aspect of the program that made it stand out among other data science programs was the valuable nine-month co-op offered in the form of the practicum project which allows students to gain hands-on experience of delivering end-to-end products and understanding an entire cycle of a business problem. Resources at Rotman such as the TD Management Data and Analytics Lab and imbursements for getting certifications were added advantages.
Top reason(s) for choosing Rotman:
In addition to being the number one business school in Canada, there were many other reasons that helped me decide to come here. The most crucial ones are:
- Learning opportunities beyond the classroom through Datathons and case competitions followed by networking events to connect with accomplished professionals and industry experts;
- The Career Services team at Rotman work diligently to help students find their career pathways and achieve their goals through the infinite resources at Rotman: data scientists in residence, alumni network, company events, etc.;
- The clubs at Rotman that serve to everybody’s interests which made me join four of them: Management Consulting Clubs, Marketing Association, Entertainment and Media Association and Business Analytics Club;
- Leadership and volunteering opportunities (including becoming the program ambassador and the MMA Social Representative)
What are you looking forward to the most in the program?
The most exciting part of the program would be the “tools” term wherein we’ll be taught SQL, Python, R, and Excel. The entire package for data science has been intelligently condensed into a three-month curriculum that will be used in the winter term and the practicum. I also look forward to the full-time two-month sprint dedicated to the practicum project.
What do you expect to gain in your next 11 months at Rotman?
I expect to gain advanced programming skills to become a proficient data scientist, from managing data in SQL to building machine learning models for prescriptive analysis in Python. Also, I aspire to build a strong network with industry experts and the entire professional community at Rotman and grow as an individual, professionally and personally, and contribute as much as possible.
The Master of Management Analytics is designed to give students the advanced data management, analytics, and communication skills needed to become an analytics professional.