The Milt Harris Library collection covers a wide range of business subjects
- accounting, including standard & guidelines
- business & economics
- corporate directories & rankings
- management, including handbooks & guides
- Material in the MHL collection can be located through the University of Toronto Library Catalogue.
- 4,000+ books
- Around 40 journals
- Business Directories
- Print Newspapers: Barron’s, Financial Times of London, Globe & Mail, National Post, Toronto Star, and the Wall Street Journal
- Special collections: Michael Bliss (Canadian Business History - library use only), Rotman Speaker series, Rotman PhD dissertations (library use only), International Programs
U of T faculty, staff and students have access to the MHL’s electronic resources, including core business and finance databases that can be accessed off-campus. See Databases by Subject for links.
Resources only available in the BIC (with your UTOR ID) are:
Please ask at the Reference Desk for CD-ROM products.
- SDC Mergers and Acquisitions (Workstation #1)
- Thomson Reuters Venture Capital and Private Equity (Workstation #6)
Reference & research help
- Ask your research questions in person, by telephone or by e-mail.
- Our reference desk is staffed during all hours of operation.
- Topic-specific and course-specific research guides, as well as database guides are also available.
- Consult our Staff Contact page to get in touch with a specific staff member for research help.
- Library tours and group training in key resources are offered at the beginning of the fall and winter terms to students.
- One-on-one consultations for students, faculty, and staff are also available.
- For an appointment, please contact Sean Forbes or Holly Inglis
- The MHL provides quiet study space, including computer workstations for research purposes and study carrels that support laptop use.
Short term loans (3-hours)
- MBA course reserves and reading materials for all first-year and many second-year MBA courses
- Front desk “in demand” books
Short term loans (3-days)
- Career resource collection containing directories, interview preparation, job search strategies and more.
- A valid undergrad, graduate, staff or faculty Tcard is required to borrow any MHL materials. Fines for late items are $ 0.50/hour for short term loans.
Printing, photocopying, & scanning
- One photocopier is available in the MHL. Only T-Cards with credits can be used. The copiers do not accept cash. If you need to put cash on your T-Card, the nearest location is Robarts.
- One printer is available to print material from workstations in the MHL. Only T-Cards with credits can be used to pay for any pages printed.
- For Rotman graduate students, there is a scanner available. Login with your Rotman user ID. Output to email only.