Peter resides in Toronto. He has been chairman of Paradigm Capital, an independent investment dealer, since 2005. Peter is a director of Gran Tierra Energy and chairs The Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee and is a member of The Compensation and The Health, Safety and Environment Committees.
Peter is past chair of the Private Sector Advisory Group established by the International Finance Corporation focused on improving governance in emerging markets and is a past member of the International Advisory Committee of the Chinese Securities Regulatory Commission.
- Addax Petroleum. Chair
- CP Ships
- Caracal Energy
- Canadian Helicopters
- Coventree, Inc.
- Enablence Technologies
- GE Canada
- Granite REIT
- Recently retired as a trustee of the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt
- 2001: Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Corporate Directors
- 2011: International Corporate Governance Network Award for distinguished work internationally in corporate governance
- 2012: Bertha Wilson Distinguished Alumni Award
- 2013: Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt Distinguished Alumni Award
- 2014: Canadian Society of Corporate Secretaries “Peter Dey Award in Corporate Governance”