Ray Williams is a financial services executive with more than 35 years of experience in Global Capital Markets. His expertise is in debt capital markets and has held leadership roles in marketing, trading, risk advisory & execution as well as securitization.
As a Financial Services executive, specializing in global capital markets, Mr. Williams has extensive experience in Cash and Derivatives products in multiple asset classes, Infrastructure Financing, Provincial & Federal Liability Management, and Mortgage Finance Companies (MFC) Financing and Hedging of Securitized Product. Mr. Williams currently holds the position of Managing Director & Vice Chairman, Financial Markets at National Bank Financial, one of the top six investment dealers in Canada. In this role, he is responsible for facilitating engagements with strategic accounts, working closely within financial markets to promote the banks’ One Mission synergistic approach.
Mr. Williams is also committed to community engagement, in particular in the area of diversity and inclusion efforts. He has a fundamental belief in community engagement reflected in his continuing charitable contributions and engagement, in particular to 100 Strong.ca an organization focused on changing the narrative around young black boys and one that inspires excellence without excuses in those boys.
- Leadership Board Member, 100Strong Foundation
- External Advisory Group Member, “Embracing Change”, Federal Government of Canada (2000-2006)
- Past & Founding President, Mentor, & Advisory Board Member, Canadian Association of Urban Financial Professionals (CAUF)
- Member, Pension Investment Committee of the United Way of Greater Toronto (2008 -2013)
- National Bank Representative, The Toronto City Summit initiative & BankSETA International Development Program (2005-2008)
- Board Member, Canadian Foundation for Aids Research (CANFAR 2007-2012)
- Advisory Board Member & Co-Chair, CANFAR’s Investment Committee
- Co-Founder, Black Opportunity Fund
- Member, Centennial College’s Financial Services Program Advisory Committee
- Member, Pension Investment Management Committee (PIMC) of the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) of Canada
- Guest Lecturer, Centennial College
- Guest Lecturer, McMaster University De Groote School of Business
- 2019 President’s Award, Annual Harry Jerome Awards
- 2018 Recipient, Rev Addie Aylestock Award, Canada Black History Society
- 2013 Nominee, Canadian Diversity Business Council (CDBC)
- 2012 Recipient of the Planet Africa Award for Professional Excellence
- Honours Bachelors Degree in Economics, North Staffs University
- Master of Arts, Coventry University, UK
- Culinary Certification, George Brown College
- ICD.D Designation, Institute of Corporate Directors/Rotman School