Rotman-Canadian Securities Institute Innovating Your Wealth Management Practice
Cultivate trust, improve efficiency and preserve legacies.
Charged with helping their clients weather frequent financial upheavals, wealth advisors are constantly challenged by evolving technologies and the push to exceed client expectations. The Rotman-Canadian Securities Institute Innovating Your Wealth Management Practice program, co-designed with Moody’s Analytics, offers a mix of academic insight based on the latest research and practical experience. This program takes place at the White Oaks Resort and Spa and your program fee includes all program materials, accommodations, and meals.
Over four days of rigorous learning, you’ll gain a comprehensive, integrated, and strategic approach to wealth management. The core curriculum includes:
- Client specialization and focus
- Human and family dynamics
- Wealth management strategies
- Legacy planning and
What you'll learn
This program is designed with wealth advisors and managers in mind and will help you:
- Recognize disruptors in the wealth management industry
- Underscore the importance of effective communications with clients
- Set realistic wealth management goals with clients
- Adhere to the rising regulatory standards in dealing with clients including Know Your Product Know Your Client, Conflicts of Interest and dealing with those clients who are vulnerable (i.e., aging).
- Help clients understand their risk tolerance and why this is important
- Know how digitization and automation can improve operational efficiencies and compliance
- Use big data and analytics to engage with new clients and better manage existing clients
- Integrate sustainable finance and responsible business practices into wealth management solutions
- Develop an understand bitcoin as an asset class, and how to integrate into client solutions
- Evolve your practice by using Integrative Thinking concepts to employ new technologies and approaches, while at the same time continuing to provide personal service to clients
- Understand and navigate family dynamics when managing family wealth
- Managing cognitive and behavioral client biases
- Effectively manage a family office
- Understand how endowments and foundations work
- Intra-family income shifting and tax strategies
- Develop an understanding of the process of developing a client’s legacy and gift giving
At the end of the four days, you will be able to offer a new value proposition and build strong, intergenerational, multi advisory relationships with new and existing clients. Our expert faculty will guide and support you throughout the program, along with industry experts and other like-minded leaders within the financial services industry.
Welcome/Kick-off Event Pre-Program
- Key Trends in Wealth Management
- Applied Behavioural Economics
- Guest Speaker
- Communication - Speaking with Confidence
- Building and Managing a Multi-Disciplinary Advisory Team
- Impact Investing
- Guest Speaker
- New Technologies (Big Data, Blockchain, Machine Learning, AI)
- Integrating Thinking and Leveraging Technology to Grow the Business
- Fundamentals of an Integrated Wealth Practice
- Setting Goals and Managing Risk for Clients
- Legacy, Inheritance and Succession Planning
- Family Dynamics, Communication and Governance
- Final Presentations
*Schedule subject to change.
Professor, International Business, Rotman School of Management and Academic Director, Executive Programs
Walid Hejazi (PhD, University of Toronto, Canada) is a Professor of Economic Analysis and Policy and the Academic Director of Executive Programs at the Rotman School of Management, Fellow of the Michael Lee-Chin Family Institute for Corporate Citizenship, and member of the Board of Directors of the David & Sharon Johnston Centre for Corporate Governance Innovation. His research focuses on the development of strategies which enhance the ability of companies to compete in domestic and global marketplaces. He has worked closely with many companies to develop and implement innovative strategies, with a particular focus on the role of leaders in preparing those companies to lead strategic change. He has taught in over 30 countries, and is a frequent commentator in the media.
Before beginning the application process, please review the application policies. To apply, complete the online application form.
*Are you using Internet Explorer? Have you updated Chrome or Firefox lately?
Due to new browser security requirements, those using older or incompatible browsers may encounter technical difficulties. If you encounter a blank screen when you try to start your online payment process, please see our Having Trouble? page.
Each application is reviewed by Rotman's admissions committee to ensure participants have the appropriate academic and work experience.
Participant Notification Process
If space is available and eligibility requirements are met, participants will receive a notice of admission within 10 days of receipt of a completed application and fee deposit.
Payment and Fee Reduction
Payments can be made online. A deposit of 50% of the program fee (or $4,000) is required at time of application. If the full fee is not paid at the time of application, the balance of the program fee is due 30 days after receipt of invoice or 30 days before program start date, whichever is first. Fees will be refunded to those not accepted into the program.
*Accommodations and meals are included in the program fee for in-person offerings. Participants will be responsible for their own travel and incidental costs. For more information contact an Executive Programs representative at email@example.com.
Send this page to a friend