Rotman Giving Day
One Community. Infinite Possibilities
Thank you to everyone who contributed to our inaugural Rotman Giving Day!
It was heartwarming to see how many of our alumni, friends, faculty, students and staff contributed, with many of them rallying support for class gifts and specific scholarship initiatives.
We are thrilled to share some of the many possibilities this community is opening up by coming together to invest in tomorrow’s leaders and a better future.
“There’s no doubt about it, donors changed my life.”
—Fabiola Diaz Mier, MBA '22
By the numbers
Rotman Giving Day grand total, including $127,227 in matching funding (gifts up to $1,000 were matched, as matching funds lasted)
Donations contributed by our Rotman community of alumni, friends,
students, faculty and staff
number of donors who made a gift as part of Rotman Giving Day
Top funds supported
Rotman Giving Day donors enabled the creation of four new endowed scholarships, and supported access to 70 experiential learning opportunities.
4 new endowed scholarships:
- Morning and Evening MBA Black Students Advancement Scholarship
endowed with a total of $53,567
- Global Advancement Board Scholarship
endowed with a total of $52,070
- Reunite RSM Scholarship
endowed with a total of $52,449
- Reunite Rotman Commerce Scholarship
endowed with a total of $25,040
70 Experiential Learning Opportunities
- Global practicum, consulting and study tour travel support for 60 MBA students
$30,000 in expendable funding
- Travel support for global practicums and consulting projects for 10 students in the Master of Management Analytics and Master of Financial Risk Management programs
$20,000 in expendable funding
“Success to me is a movement to create change.”
—Mavish Siddiqui, BCOM '21
“It was inspiring to see so many people come together to create the Morning and Evening MBA Black Students Advancement Scholarship. We’re thrilled about the impact it will have on future Black leaders and look forward to growing the fund further!”
—Jathiban (Jay) Panchalingam, MBA '22
“It takes a team to have an impact — and I am so proud of our team at the Rotman School. We are working to invest in leadership, diversity, inclusion, sustainability, and ultimately in a better, more equitable world.”
—Nouman Ashraf, Assistant Professor, Organizational Behaviour & Human Resources Management and Director, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Thank you to everyone who helped bring these possibilities to life!
If you have questions about Rotman Giving Day, or would like to learn more about donating to Rotman, please contact Alison Sasso, Development Officer, at email@example.com or 416-978-1568.
You don’t have to wait for next Rotman Giving Day to make a gift! Learn more about online giving opportunities at the Rotman School or Rotman Commerce.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you donate to the Rotman School, you are investing in a better future.
Rotman Giving Day is a 24-hour fundraising campaign, inviting the Rotman community to harness our collective power in support of our students and researchers.
October 1, 2021 was our inaugural Rotman Giving Day. It took place as part of Reunite at Rotman. Our community was invited to make a new donation between September 1 and end of day October 1, 2021 to leverage a dollar-for-dollar match on gifts up to $1,000, while matching funds lasted.
A huge thank you to everyone who contributed!
1. Can I only contribute to Rotman Giving Day during the 24-hour time period?
- No, you can make a donation here starting September 1, and have up until the end of day October 1, 2021 to make your contribution.
2. Can I give to a specific fund?
Certainly! Our featured fund this year is the Student Experience Fund, which will benefit students at the Rotman School of Management and Rotman Commerce. However, eligible gifts will be matched to a fund of the donor’s choice as long as matching funds are available.
3. Is there a minimum gift amount?
There is no minimum donation amount. All gifts – big or small – make an impact.
4. How can I create my own fund?
5. How do the matching funds work?
Eligible gifts will be matched dollar-for-dollar, up to a maximum of $1,000 per gift. For example, a $100 gift will be matched with $100, and a $5,000 gift will be matched with $1,000. All eligible gifts will be matched, while matching funds last.
6. Can I make my gift over the phone or by mail?
It is highly preferred that gifts are made online.
- You can also make your donation by mailing cheques (made out to ‘University of Toronto’) to the following address:
21 King’s College Circle
Toronto, ON M5S 3J3
- Please note cheques dated after October 1, 2021 will not be eligible for matching funds.
- If you do not wish to make an online donation, please call Donations Management at 416-978-0811 or toll-free 1-800-463-6048. Please note that this phone line is only for processing donations and not for general inquires. Any general Rotman Giving Day inquires can go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. How are online payments processed?
Our donation processing system is completely protected and secure. Information collected is only used by Rotman and the University of Toronto and will not be sold or shared with any third-party organization. Your credit card information will not be stored.
8. Will I receive a tax receipt for my donation?
Yes. Tax receipts will be issued for all donations. When you make a gift online you will receive your tax receipt automatically by email right after your donation is made.
9. What kind of tax credits exist for donors when giving to Rotman?
10. What follow up will I receive from Rotman regarding my gift?
Once you’ve made an online gift, you will receive a confirmation email that the donation transaction was successfully completed. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please reach out to email@example.com and we will look into this for you. We will be sharing the results and impact of Rotman Giving Day with all donors in November 2021.
11. How can I make a recurring gift?
To make a new recurring gift online, please click here (after September 1, 2021) and select the ‘monthly’ tab.
- To make your recurring gift over the phone, please call 416-978-0811 or toll-free 1-800-463-6048.
- Please note that only the payment received by the end of day October 1, 2021 will count towards Rotman Giving Day and as such will be eligible for matching, as matching funds are available.
12. What is the University of Toronto’s charitable status?
The University of Toronto is a registered charitable organization. Charitable registration number: BN # 108162330-RR0001.
13. I still have questions. How can I get in touch?