Rotman Giving Day
One Community. Infinite Possibilities
Frequently Asked Questions
When you donate to the Rotman School, you are investing in a better future.
Rotman Giving Day is a 24-hour fundraising campaign, inviting the Rotman community to harness our collective power in support of our students and researchers.
October 21, 2022 is our second annual Rotman Giving Day. It takes place as part of Reunite at Rotman. Our community is invited to make a new donation between September 21 and end of day October 21, 2022 to leverage a dollar-for-dollar match on gifts up to $1,000, while matching funds last.
1. Can I only contribute to Rotman Giving Day during the 24-hour time period?
No, you can make a donation here starting September 21, and have up until the end of day October 21, 2022 to make your contribution.
- If you are part of our early bird group, you can make a donation starting September 1, 2022.
2. Can I give to a specific fund?
Certainly! Our featured fund this year is the Student Experience Fund, which will benefit students at the Rotman School of Management and Rotman Commerce. However, eligible gifts will be matched to any Rotman fund of the donor’s choice as long as matching funds are available.
3. Is there a minimum gift amount?
There is no minimum donation amount. All gifts – big or small – make an impact.
4. How can I create my own fund?
5. How do the matching funds work?
Eligible gifts will be matched dollar-for-dollar, up to a maximum of $1,000 per gift. For example, a $100 gift will be matched with $100, and a $5,000 gift will be matched with $1,000. All eligible gifts will be matched, while matching funds last.
6. Can I make my gift over the phone or by mail?
It is highly preferred that gifts are made online.
- You can also make your donation by mailing cheques (made out to ‘University of Toronto’) to the following address:
21 King’s College Circle
Toronto, ON M5S 3J3
- Please note cheques dated after October 21, 2022 will not be eligible for matching funds.
- If you do not wish to make an online donation, please call Donations Management at 416-978-0811 or toll-free 1-800-463-6048. Please note that this phone line is only for processing donations and not for general inquires. Any general Rotman Giving Day inquires can go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. How are online payments processed?
Our donation processing system is completely protected and secure. Information collected is only used by Rotman and the University of Toronto and will not be sold or shared with any third-party organization. Your credit card information will not be stored.
8. Will I receive a tax receipt for my donation?
- Yes. Tax receipts will be issued for all donations. When you make a gift online you will receive your tax receipt automatically by email right after your donation is made.
- Not a resident of Canada? Alumni and friends around the world can still help U of T in its mission. Find out more about international giving here.
9. What kind of tax credits exist for donors when giving to Rotman?
10. What follow up will I receive from Rotman regarding my gift?
Once you’ve made an online gift, you will receive a confirmation email that the donation transaction was successfully completed. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please reach out to email@example.com and we will look into this for you. We will be sharing the results and impact of Rotman Giving Day with all donors in November 2022.
11. How can I make a monthly or recurring gift?
To make a new recurring gift online, please click here (after September 21, 2022) and select the ‘monthly’ tab.
- To make your recurring gift over the phone, please call 416-978-0811 or toll-free 1-800-463-6048.
- Please note that only the payment received by the end of day October 21, 2022 will count towards Rotman Giving Day and as such will be eligible for matching, as matching funds are available.
- If you have additional questions about monthly gifts, you can connect with Alison Sasso, Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. What is the University of Toronto’s charitable status?
The University of Toronto is a registered charitable organization. Charitable registration number: BN # 108162330-RR0001.
13. I still have questions. How can I get in touch?