Business Edge Finance
Business Edge Finance
In 7 months, gain the critical skills to accelerate your career to the next level.
The world of finance is evolving at a rapid pace. To become a senior leader, push yourself to communicate the value of your international experience, develop an inclusive and strategic brand, and connect with industry mentors.
Incorporating corporate finance, leadership, and advanced communication, Business Edge Finance utilizes a variety of learning tools to propel you into your dream career in Canada.
If that sounds like you, join the Business Edge Finance program to transform your career and change the way you think, take action, and lead.
About the program
- Earn a certificate from the Rotman School of Management
- Gain visibility and become an influencer in your organization
- Gain new insights and apply them immediately to work
- Develop extensive peer networks and learn from thought leaders
- Learn about the innovations that will shape the future of the sector
- Middle to senior management experience in finance outside of Canada
- Canadian finance industry experience and aspiring to advance into leadership positions
- A growth mindset and a strong commitment to be flexible, open to receiving feedback, and taking action
*Financial support available through OBPAP
Start being seen as a leader by learning how to use impactful language.
Learn the nuances of inclusive language.
Choose strategies that help you connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
Develop an in-depth understanding of your cultural values, interaction style, and how they affect your interactions.
Learn to adapt behaviours across cultures while staying authentic to core values.
Explore the dynamics of leveraging the diversity of teams as a leader.
Learn about innovations that will shape the future of finance: corporate finance, sustainable finance, and innovation in finance.
Recalibrate and manage your career.
Rebrand your international experience for the Canadian market.
Program dates and schedule
- Instructor lead webinars on Tuesday evenings and on 13 Saturday mornings
- 8-10 hours per week of self-paced online study.
- Dedicated mentoring program, employer guest lectures, and online networking opportunities with peers.
Faculty and instructors
Walid Hejazi >>
Associate Professor of Economic Analysis and Policy
Andreas Park >>
Professor of Finance, Department of Management
Research Director, Financial Innovation Lab
Alexandra MacKay >>
Professor, Teaching Stream in Finance
Vice Dean, Undergraduate and Specialized Programs
Michael Kobrin >>
Melissa Magder >>
Career Coach, Cultures in Motion
Advisor of Strategic Initiatives, Region of Peel
Liza Robertson >>
Instructor, University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
Carolyn Meacher >>
Chief People Officer, dentsu international
Sarah Neville >>
Founder and Principal of Open Line
Fees and payment
*Financial support available
- All Program materials
- Completion certificate
- Online networking opportunities
A deposit of $416 of the program fee is required at the time of acceptance into the program. The balance of the program fee will be due after the program start date.
TAX INFORMATION – EMPLOYMENT-RELATED TRAINING
If the Program is employment-related training, Rotman must receive a letter from the employer confirming that the Program constitutes such training within the meaning of Canada Revenue Agency Interpretation Bulletin IT-470R. Generally, the Bulletin states that where the training is taken for the benefit of the employer, there is no taxable benefit to the employee.
If the tuition fee is paid for by the employer, it is the employer’s responsibility to determine whether or not the fees paid on behalf of the individual is a taxable benefit and should be included on his/her T4 slip.
TAX INFORMATION – NON-EMPLOYMENT-RELATED TRAINING
If an employer has not sanctioned that the Program is being taken for employment reasons, any discounts are taxable benefits to the individual participant and should be included on the individual’s tax return.
This program will be delivered virtually over Zoom. This program requires:
- A stable internet connection
- The latest version of the Google Chrome internet browser
- A Zoom account (sign up for free)
- A web camera or computer/laptop that has a built in web camera, and the use of a microphone