Business Edge Change Management
About the Program
• Develop real-world skills for helping any organization become more effective.
• Establish an entire network of professionals all watching out for you.
• Earn a certificate from the Rotman School of Management.
• 7-month online program
• Weekday evenings & Saturday mornings
• Program fee $3,360. Financial support available through OBPAP.
• Customized professional coaching in career management, effective communication and emotional intelligence.
• Next session begins January, 2024. Apply today.
Organizations across Canada and the globe are in need of efficiency-minded change agents, with solid understandings of effective people management and process optimization. Business Edge Change Management is a bridging program, designed to help you transition to leadership roles through influential communication and impactful change model development.
Business Edge Change Management instructors comprise a unique selection of esteemed Rotman School professors, enterprising company founders, and respected human resources authorities from across the Canadian business landscape.
|| An Extensive Peer Network of Support
A New Mindset
|Rotman School of Management Certification
It is impossible to overstate the value of the connections you’ll make. They will play roles in your career for years to come.
This learning is truly transformative. You’ll emerge with a newfound confidence, ready to effect change in your career path.
As one of Canada’s premier business schools, Rotman is a highly esteemed name in the corporate community.
• Middle to senior managers with international experience
• Aspiring to work as a change manager in your current organization or grow your career using in demand knowledge
• Working / worked in IT, engineering, project management, operations, finance, sales or human resources
• A growth mindset and a strong commitment to be open to feedback and taking action
7-month online program. Sessions will be held on a part-time basis during evenings and weekends.
*Financial support available through OBPAP
• Resident of Ontario
• Internationally trained immigrant, maximum eight years in Canada
• Canadian citizen, permanent resident, convention refugee, CUAET holder, or refugee claimant eligible to work in Canada
• Currently underemployed or unemployed
• Minimum 6 months’ Canadian work experience
• Minimum 4-5 years’ work experience outside of Canada
• University degree from outside of Canada
• Level 8 Canadian Language Benchmark
Show your future self you made the right decision.
Thanks to funding through the Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program (OBPAP), individuals pursuing Business Edge Finance program at Rotman may be eligible for a partial program subsidy.
|This program has been approved for 100 CPD hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA).
Business Edge Change Management is structured around four key pillars of learning.
• Learn the fundamentals of effective, inclusive language to apply daily with colleagues at all levels of your organization.
• Discover the benefits of distilling language to become more concise and therefore more meaningful for readers.
• Become empowered through language to build lasting relationships, craft presentations that resonate, and lead impactful team meetings.
• Learn to effectively convey your culturally unique set of influences to rebrand your experience for the Canadian job market.
• Cultivate behaviours that resonate universally across diverse teams while remaining true to the values that make you unique.
• Develop strategies to leverage your specific interaction style to help you connect with others and their interaction styles.
• Gain a thorough understanding of change management best practices including systemic thinking and cultural resistance in the workplace.
• Participate in hands-on change simulation workshops for greater visibility into real-world challenges and opportunities.
• Hear from industry experts about their own experiences with leading change initiatives in companies of all sizes.
• Learn to communicate what your unique value proposition is to support interviewing and salary negotiation.
• Develop skills and tactics for effective self-promotion including smarter resume writing and social media networking.
• Take part in interactive workshops designed to help you develop your pathway to success and keep accountable to it.
Have questions? Fill out the form below
Program dates and schedule
- Instructor-led webinars on Tuesday evenings and 13 Saturday mornings
- 8-10 hours per week of self-paced online study
- Dedicated mentoring program, employer guest lectures, and online networking opportunities with peers
- Developing a pathway to success
- Resume & interview bootcamp
- Intercultural communication competence
- Authentic communication
- Career accelerator workshops
- Leading change
- Systemic thinking
- Understanding resistance
Faculty and instructors
Ann Armstrong >>
Academic Director, Business Edge Change Management
Director, Social Enterprise Initiative
Anny Fong >>
Sessional Instructor, Rotman School of Management
Michael Kobrin >>
Melissa Magder >>
Career Coach, Cultures in Motion
Advisor of Strategic Initiatives, Region of Peel
Liza Robertson >>
Instructor, University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
Carolyn Meacher >>
Chief People Officer, dentsu international
Sarah Neville >>
Founder and Principal of Open Line
Fees and payment
*Financial support available
- All Program materials
- Completion certificate
- Online networking opportunities
A deposit of $387 of the program fee is required at the time of application. The balance of the program fee will be due after the program start date.
TAX INFORMATION – EMPLOYMENT-RELATED TRAINING
If the Program is employment-related training, Rotman must receive a letter from the employer confirming that the Program constitutes such training within the meaning of Canada Revenue Agency Interpretation Bulletin IT-470R. Generally, the Bulletin states that where the training is taken for the benefit of the employer, there is no taxable benefit to the employee.
If the tuition fee is paid for by the employer, it is the employer’s responsibility to determine whether or not the fees paid on behalf of the individual is a taxable benefit and should be included on his/her T4 slip.
TAX INFORMATION – NON-EMPLOYMENT-RELATED TRAINING
If an employer has not sanctioned that the Program is being taken for employment reasons, any discounts are taxable benefits to the individual participant and should be included on the individual’s tax return.
This program will be delivered virtually over Zoom. This program requires:
- A stable internet connection
- The latest version of the Google Chrome internet browser
- A Zoom account (sign up for free)
- A web camera or computer/laptop that has a built in web camera, and the use of a microphone