Shaping the future of business
The best consultants combine intellectual horsepower with natural people skills. At Rotman, the academic and industry expertise of our strategic management faculty will help you develop quantitative and qualitative tools to excel in your consulting career.
You will learn how to analyze cross-functional business problems and to justify your recommendations, applying appropriate frameworks and a diverse set of quantitative and qualitative tools.
Specific topics covered are the consulting industry, problem solving methodologies, the management of change in organizations, advanced issues in strategic management, and the development and presentation of proposals and reports.
"Employees arriving in a high-profit time may do better in the long-run because of a wealth of work opportunities."
—András Tilcsik, assistant professor of strategic management at the Rotman School, in an online thought piece on consulting
Requirements to complete the Strategy emphasis
Complete five half courses (2.5 FCEs) with at least two half courses (1.0 FCE) from the list of main courses. See the Registrar's Office for more detailed information.
- Corporate Strategy
- Strategic Change and Implementation
- Management Consulting
- Strategic Networks
- International Strategy
- Sustainability Strategy
- Pharmaceutical Strategy
- Health Sector Strategy and Organizations
- Venture Capital Strategy
- Communicating Strategy
- Healthcare and Life Sciences Consulting: Field Application Project
- Management Consulting Practicum
- Catastrophic Failure in Organizations
- Game Theory and Applications for Management
- Business Analysis and Valuation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Operations Management Strategy
- Marketing Strategy
- Aligning People and Strategy
For detailed information on each elective course, please see our MBA electives guide.
Strategy resources at Rotman
Career paths for Strategy
The topics covered in the Strategy emphasis are critical for entry into the consulting profession – whether with a consulting firm, as a sole proprietor, or as an internal consultant in a large company. The skills will apply in both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors. In addition, the topics covered will be useful for managers who will work with or manage outside consultants.
- Consulting industry day
- Lunch and Learn series
- Consulting workshop series
- Case interview preparation workshops
- Mock consulting case interviews
- David Donnan, Partner, AT Kearney
- Jill Black, President & Sole Proprietor, J.E. Black Company Ltd.
- Joanna Rotenberg, EVP, Chief Marketing Officer and Head of Strategy
- Kathryn Skelton, Director, Category Management, Womenswear, Holt Renfrew
- Lawrence Scott Global, Chief Strategy Officer | Vice Chair | Managing Partner, Deloitte
- Mark Eleoff, Associate Partner, Accenture
- Sean Samieian, Principal, Infosys Consulting
Companies that have recruited at Rotman
A selection of companies where Rotman MBA graduates have worked in recent years:
Back to previous page→