Building wealth through real estate investment and property development
Get the knowledge and skills you'll need to excel as a professional in the real estate industry.
Develop your capacity to understand a wide range of real estate issues, and develop your skills in the financial, economic, and entrepreneurial aspects of a career in real estate. In addition, explore methods in forecasting and modeling in decision making, game theory, and business law.
"Bidding wars are caused by an economic boom. That said, they're here to stay."
- William Strange, a professor of Economic Analysis and Policy at the Rotman School, in an online article
Courses that support studies in Real Estate
It is recommended that students choose electives that are broadly relevant to Real Estate from the following courses:
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Economics
- Real Estate Investment
- Game Theory and Applications for Management
- Business and the City
- Forecasting Models and Econometric Methods
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Business Law
- Options and Futures Markets
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Modeling and Optimization for Decision Making
- Marketing Research
For detailed information on each elective course, please see our MBA electives guide.
Real Estate resources at Rotman
Career paths for the Real Estate
There are many ways to build a career related to real estate investment, real estate management, or real estate development. In addition, an understanding of real estate can be useful for careers in banking and asset management. Understanding issues related to real estate can also be useful to general managers in assessing location decisions, understanding lines of business that own or rent significant real estate, or management issues that concern property development.
- David Lieberman, Associate Vice President, Avison Young
- Derek Goring, Vice President, Land Development
- Douglas Tipple, Principal, Creva Group Ltd.
- Ian Gillespie, President, Westbank Projects Corp., Vancouver
- Ian Parker, Senior Vice President, Asset Management
- James Shears, VP - Senior Asset Manager (Canada), Citigroup Realty Services
- Keng-Lam Ang, Chairman, Kerry Logistics Network Limited
Back to previous page→