- Pronouns: He/Him
- Class of 2023
- Previous education:
- BBA in Finance and marketing, SFU, 2018
Why did you decide to join the Master of Financial Risk Management program?
I graduated from Simon Fraser University in 2018. Since then, I have spent about four years in banking, asset management, and the prime brokerage field. Regardless of which industry I was working in, risk management plays a crucial role in company operations and ensures business resiliency. There is no doubt that the industry needs more risk professionals who are equipped with data analytic skills and have a good command of financial concepts. Fortunately, MFRM is an intense program that offers a gateway for talents who are interested in risk and want to pursue a career path in risk management. That is why I would like to join this program and hone my professional skills.
Top Reason(s) for choosing Rotman:
1. One of the most prestigious business schools in the world
2. Substantial career resources and powerful alumni network
3. Exceptional learning experience
What are you looking forward to the most in the program?
1. Hone my data analysis and programming skills by completing course projects
2. Improve story-telling ability and communication skills through case presentation
3. Develop leadership skills by actively attending student clubs and organizing events
What do you expect to gain in your next 10 months at Rotman?
1. Practical risk management experience through the risk project
2. Earn life long relationship with the cohort
3. Strengthen financial concepts and its application in a real-world setting