- Degree: Master of Financial Risk Management
- Graduating year: 2017
- Prior education: Financial Economics and Statistics, University of Toronto
- Job following graduation: Investment Risk Analyst, OP Trust
Why did you decide to study the Master of Financial Risk Management program?
MFRM provides a great combination of direct market applicable knowledge and business school style training, which is very appealing to me as I came from a more theoretical based undergraduate degree.
Top reason for choosing Rotman
World-class faculty and unmatched industry connections.
Highlights of the Rotman experience
- Faculty is super approachable, I can always knock on their door whenever I have any questions for my study or my career. They are also very good at simplifying complex ideas and make them easy to understand.
- Courses: Courses are very helpful as it focuses a lot on the hot issues in the market, which I find extremely useful in the interview process.
- Classmates: as we always work in a team setting, many of us have formed a strong bond.
Academic Class Representative, Rotman Global Business MFRM director, Ontario finalist of Prmia Risk Challenge
Involvement in career services
I participated most of the information session hosted in Rotman and I also attended some of the workshop and mock interviews sessions. I find these sessions served as a great prep for my interviews.
What would you say to someone considering choosing the Rotman MFRM?
If you want to fast track your career in risk management, this is the program that will give you what you need.
The Master of Financial Risk Management is a full time program designed to prepare ambitious young professionals for careers in risk management and finance.