The Milt Harris Library collection covers a wide range of business subjects
- accounting, including standard & guidelines
- business & economics
- corporate directories & rankings
- management, including handbooks & guides
- Material in the MHL collection can be located through the University of Toronto Library Catalogue.
- 4,000+ books
- Business Directories
- Print Newspapers: Barron’s, Financial Times of London, Globe & Mail, National Post, Toronto Star, and the Wall Street Journal (available online here).
- Special collections: Michael Bliss (Canadian Business History - library use only), Rotman Speaker series (note: as of 2021, we no longer purchase all speaker series titles), Rotman PhD dissertations (in storage- by request only)
U of T faculty, staff and students have access to the MHL’s electronic resources, including core business and finance databases that can be accessed off-campus. See Databases by Subject
Only available in the MHL (with your UTOR ID):
- SDC Mergers and Acquisitions (Workstation #1)
We are on the 5th floor of the south building of the Rotman School of Management. It is available by elevator only, there is no public stair access. When you exit the elevator, turn right, and the library is on your right.
Washrooms are down the hall; exit the library go left three times and they are on your right. The water fountain is further down the hall; turn right past the washrooms and it's on the right side.
Reference & research help
- Ask your research questions in person, by telephone or by e-mail.
- Our reference desk is staffed during all hours of operation.
- Topic-specific and course-specific research guides, as well as database guides are also available.
- Contact a librarian for research help
- Library tours and group training in key resources are offered at the beginning of the fall and winter terms to students.
- One-on-one consultations for students, faculty, and staff are also available.
- For an appointment, please contact Sean Forbes or Holly Inglis
- The MHL provides quiet study space, including computer workstations for research purposes and study carrels that support laptop use.
- There are no study rooms available in the MHL. Rotman graduate students can book study rooms elsewhere in the building.
- The quiet space is enforced; it is not a place for group work or conversations.
- No food is allowed. Drinks in covered containers are permitted. Patrons must dispose of their own garbage; bins are across from the elevator, outside of the library.
Short term loans (3-hours)
- MBA course reserves and reading materials for all first-year and many second-year MBA courses
- Front desk “in demand” books
Short term loans (3-days)
- Career resource collection containing directories, interview preparation, job search strategies and more.
- A valid undergrad, graduate, staff or faculty Tcard is required to borrow any MHL materials. Fines for late items are $ 0.50/hour for short term loans.
Printing, photocopying, & scanning
- One photocopier is available in the MHL. Only T-Cards with credits can be used. The copiers do not accept cash. If you need to put cash on your T-Card, you can do so online.
- One printer is available to print material from workstations in the MHL. Only T-Cards with credits can be used to pay for any pages printed.
- The scanner requires a USB flash drive to save your materials. Please ask at the reference desk to borrow one.